Gingerbread House Decorating Contest!
Time & Location
About the Event
- Register for a FREE pre-built gingerbread house kit.
- Pick up a gingerbread house kit from the library, inside or curbside.
- Assemble your gingerbread house and decorate! We ask that your decorations be made out of the edible materials provided in your kit. Non-edible materials CAN be used to decorate the base only.
CHOOSE ONE OF TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
1. Snap a photo of the front of your gingerbread house and send via Facebook or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your child's name and age. Photo entries will be on display at the library, on our website and Facebook. Only your child's first name and age will appear online.
2. Display your decorated gingerbread house at the library! On a separate piece of paper, please include your child's name, age, and your phone number. Only your child's first name and age will be visible while on display.
- Contest entries are due no later than 4:00pm Monday, December 13.
- All entries in each age category will be judged on the following: overall appearance, creativity, and originality.
- Three age categories: 4-6 years old, 7-9 years old, and 10-12 years old
- Winners will be announced on December 22 at 4:00pm. Gingerbread house pickup begins any time after the announcement, or donate your house to our Giant Gingerbread Stomp!
Donate your gingerbread house to our Giant Gingerbread Stomp and receive one entry into our Ho! Ho! Haba! Game Giveaway! One entry per gingerbread house. Donations can be dropped off any time before January 8, 2022.
All children ages 4-12 are eligible to participate in the stomp. Register your child today!