Fri, Nov 17|
Peoria Heights Public Library
Gingerbread House Decorating Contest! Ages 4-15
Show off your sweet decorating skills! Starting November 17, pick up a free gingerbread house kit from the library! Four lucky winners will win an impressive prize pack: a $20 gift certificate to a local business, a book, and VIP early-access to our Annual Giant Gingerbread Stomp!
Time & Location
Nov 17, 9:00 AM – Dec 09, 1:00 PM
Peoria Heights Public Library, 816 E Glen Ave, Peoria Heights, IL 61616, USA
About the Event
- Register for the Gingerbread House Decorating Contest.
- Pick up a gingerbread house kit from the library or provide your own decorated gingerbread house. *Size requirements: 8" tall (with chimney), 6" wide, and base 8"x8" max.
- Assemble your gingerbread house and decorate! We ask that your decorations be made out of the edible materials provided in your kit. Hot glue can be used to stabilize the structure and edible decorations, if needed. Non-edible materials CAN be used to decorate the base only. Please use only the base included in your kit as display space is limited.
HOW TO ENTER:
Bring in your decorated gingerbread house and have it displayed at the library! Please include your child's name, age, and your phone number on the form provided. Only your child's first name and age will be visible while on display.
- Contest entries are due no later than 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 9.
- All entries in each age category will be judged on the following: overall appearance, creativity, and originality.
- Four age categories: 4-6 years old, 7-9 years old, 10-12 years old, and 13-15 years old.
- Winners will be announced on December 18 at 4:00pm. Contest entry pickup begins any time after winners are announced. Please consider donating your house to our Giant Gingerbread Stomp!
Donate your gingerbread house to our Annual Giant Gingerbread Stomp, coming January 2024! Donations can be dropped off any time before January 5, 2024. All children ages 4-15 are eligible to participate in the stomp.